Friday, July 3, 2020
More

    Amber Heard had affairs with Elon Musk and James Franco, Johnny Depp’s lawyers say | Ents & Arts News

    - Ad -
    - Advertisement -
    - Ad -
    - Ad -


    Johnny Depp’s lawyers say Amber Heard had “two extra-marital affairs” with SpaceX chief executive Elon Musk and actor James Franco while still going out with the Pirates Of The Caribbean star.

    David Sherborne, who is defending Depp, said evidence of “multiple affairs” is relevant as it would prove “false motive” for the alleged violence Heard says she suffered due to “Depp’s supposed paranoia and mistaken belief” that she was unfaithful.

    Depp is now waiting to hear whether the High Court libel case against The Sun’s publisher, News Group Newspapers (NGN), and its executive editor, Dan Wootton, will go ahead.

    Johnny Depp outside the High Court for a hearing in his libel case earlier this year
    Image:
    Johnny Depp outside the High Court for a hearing earlier this year

    The Pirates Of The Caribbean actor brought the case over an April 2018 article in the tabloid which referred to him as a “wife beater”, following allegations made by Heard.

    Depp strenuously denies these allegations.

    Mr Sherborne also made reference to CCTV footage taken from the lift of Depp and Heard’s LA penthouse on 22 May 2016, which show the actress with a man alleged to be Franco.

    He said the “intimate” meeting between the pair took place “hours after the final incident of alleged abuse”, when police were called to the apartment.

    Depp’s team is now asking for “disclosure of all communications over a particular period in 2016” between Heard, Musk and Franco.

    The lawyer representing Heard, David Price QC, said whether she had “extra-marital relationships” was “not a contested issue on the statement of case”, adding that CCTV footage from the penthouse lift had “been widely available online for some time”.

    Lawyers for The Sun have argued that the case should be dropped, after Depp was found to be in breach of court for failing to disclose “drugs texts” to its lawyers.

    Messages sent to Depp’s assistant apparently show the 57-year-old actor trying to obtain drugs in Australia.

    Amber Heard and Johnny Depp in January last year
    Image:
    The couple married in 2015, but divorced just two years later

    They referred to “happy pills” and “whitey stuff”, which Adam Wolanski QC – who is defending NGN – said showed he was trying to obtain MDMA and cocaine.

    The messages were sent in late February and early March 2015, shortly before an alleged incident in Australia between Depp and Heard, which Heard claims was “a three-day ordeal of physical assaults”.

    Mr Wolanski also accused Depp and his lawyers of intimidating Heard and attempting to pervert the course of justice.

    David Sherborne, who is defending Depp, said the defendants’ claim that the dispute is between Mr Depp and Ms Heard ignores the fact that The Sun’s publication of the allegations bought it to the attention of millions of readers, both in the paper and online.

    He also said the messages were not relevant as they did not relate to the allegations of domestic violence, which he says is the crux of the case. He said Depp has previously been open about his drug-taking history.

    :: Listen to the Backstage podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Spreaker

    Mr Sherborne went on to say the tabloid has persisted in “inflaming publicity” around the case and accused NGN lawyers of taunting Depp by calling him a “coward” after the actor asked for the March trial to be delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

    The alleged “three-day ordeal” in Australia – when Depp is said to have been taking MDMA and drinking heavily – is one of 14 separate allegations of domestic violence, between early 2013 and May 2016, that NGN relies on in its pleaded defence to Depp’s claim.

    Depp “expressly denies” that he took the drugs, that Heard found a bag of pills or that they had any conversations about drug use during that time, and claims Heard went into “a prolonged and extreme rage” after a discussion of a post-nuptial agreement.

    The case is due to be tried at the High Court in London, beginning on 7 July, and is expected to last three weeks.

    Heard and Depp
    Image:
    The couple pictured in Australia in April 2016

    Five courtrooms are understood to have been set aside for the case and Heard has already arrived in London ahead of giving evidence. The defence has described her as their “key witness”.

    Depp will travel from his home in France to attend court.

    The couple met on the set of 2011 comedy The Rum Diary and married in Los Angeles in February 2015.

    In May 2016, Heard obtained a restraining order against Depp after accusing him of abuse, which he denied.

    They settled their divorce out of court in 2017, with Heard donating her $7m (£5.5m) settlement to charity.

    Depp’s former partners, Vanessa Paradis and Winona Ryder, are also expected to give evidence. Both have previously given witness statements saying Depp was “never violent” towards them.

    Sky News has contacted Amber Heard, Elon Musk and James Franco for comment.



    Source link

    - Ad -

    Latest

    Best Eurovision Movie Songs Ranked, from Jaja Ding Dong to Husavik

    Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire...

    Good Witch Season Finale Sneak Peek: Will Joy Leave Middleton?

    There is a lot to process from the coming Good Witch Season 6 finale. What can I tell you without ruining the experience? Quite...

    Top 10 Most Anticipated Games for July 2020 [Best Recommendations]

    Final ThoughtsHey! I'm Rod, and when I'm not watching anime or playing video games I'm probably writing about them, but I'm also a...

    SteamWorld Dig And SteamWorld Heist: Ultimate Edition Are Getting Physical Switch Releases

    If you're a keen collector of physical indies on Switch, this next option is one you definitely won't want to miss. Super Rare Games...

    Man Utd chief Ed Woodward told he made Bruno Fernandes transfer mistake

    Manchester United sealed a deal for Bruno Fernandes in the January transfer window. Source link

    Sponsor

    Discover